Hi guys,
enjoy a short video about 2011 Sardine Run action in Port St. Johns
Cheers,
Kirsten & Beo
Read-only discussion
Hi guys,
enjoy a short video about 2011 Sardine Run action in Port St. Johns
Cheers,
Kirsten & Beo
Great action !
Thanks for sharing.
Good show.
Bad weather scrubbed our trip to the Sardine Run this summer. We'll try again next year.
Nice action indeed, especially that little anchovy/saury ball at the end. I thought Keith said you guys had a Bryde's whale in one of the balls? You may also wish to switch the video upload to 16:9?
Wgreenti
Are you sure it was bad weather? I thought the Snow Petrel wasn't working at all at one point. The weather wasn't perfect at all but we had about 2 days off at one point then we could launch.
Drew:
The Snow Petrel had apparently sucked up mud from the copious run-off. A couple of divers from our group stuck it out with the beach launches at the run, whereas the remainder (me included) opted for Aliwal. Even so, we had a few down days there, with high surf rendering the launches unwise.
WgreentiAre you sure it was bad weather? I thought the Snow Petrel wasn't working at all at one point. The weather wasn't perfect at all but we had about 2 days off at one point then we could launch.
Ah ok. I remember writing Mauricio about it and he told me he was up in Aliwal. I did hear that people did go back to East London to launch mid July and got nothing. Bad viz out of East London most times.
What was this shot with?
Steve
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.