Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Severn's or Pontohi Pygmy

Started by liquidguru ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Severn's or Pontohi Pygmy

4 posts
  1. I'm finding it very difficult to find out the differences between Severn's and Pontohi Pygmy Seahorses. Is the below pygmy a Severn's or Pontohi? i think it's a Severn's, but Google image searches on both pygmies shows each type (I think) in both sets.

     

    Do Pontohis come in two different colours? What is the difference between the two? Many thanks for any help...

     

    [vimeohd]26538756[/vimeohd]

    Edited by liquidguru
  2. Thanks for the link Jeff...looks like it is a Severn's

  3. Brilliant video, and great to find out which is which, as I have photos of both from Lembeh.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.