Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Diopter needed for the Sigma 17-70 lens?

Started by kandace ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Diopter needed for the Sigma 17-70 lens?

4 posts
  1. I purchased the Sigma 17-70mm lens but have not used it diving. Do I need a diopter for use in a 8" domeport? If so, what size? No. 2, No. 3 or No. 4? I have a Nikon D7000 with a Nauticam Housing.

     

    Thanks,

    Kandace

  2. No dioptre needed, it can focus close enough. Don't need a dioptre with a 6" dome either.

  3. No dioptre needed, it can focus close enough. Don't need a dioptre with a 6" dome either.

    I use the Sigma 17-70 HSM macro in the Nexus 170 mm dome port (6.7") and spa tub testing says it will work in the 4-1/3" Bare dome without a diopter. That is one reason why this lens is so popular.

    Bob

  4. Thanks . . .

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.