Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam D7000/Sigma 17-70mm lens problem

Started by ehanauer ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam D7000/Sigma 17-70mm lens problem

4 posts
  1. I'm having an issue with a new Sigma 17-70mm lens on my Nauticam D7000 housing. The lens release arm is being squeezed between the back of the lens and the camera, putting pressure on the lens release button. This breaks the electrical contacts between the lens and the camera, causing a lack of autofocus capability.

     

    The back end of my Nikon and Tokina lenses have a more gradual taper than the Sigma, so those lenses autofocus with no problem. I'm thinking about shaving a bit off the shoulder of the lens where the release arm is making contact.

     

    Has anybody using this system encountered the same problem. If so, how did you resolve it?

  2. I would return it, or send it in to Sigma for service. I have a couple of customers using that lens without issues. Sounds like a bad mount.

     

    Jack

  3. I'm having an issue with a new Sigma 17-70mm lens on my Nauticam D7000 housing. The lens release arm is being squeezed between the back of the lens and the camera, putting pressure on the lens release button. This breaks the electrical contacts between the lens and the camera, causing a lack of autofocus capability.

     

    The back end of my Nikon and Tokina lenses have a more gradual taper than the Sigma, so those lenses autofocus with no problem. I'm thinking about shaving a bit off the shoulder of the lens where the release arm is making contact.

     

    Has anybody using this system encountered the same problem. If so, how did you resolve it?

     

    Hi Eric,

     

    We changed the geometry of the tray arm slightly to accomodate this lens. The current housings that are shipping all have this minor change, but it sounds like yours has the earlier arm. Please contact your dealer and they will get you replacement parts.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  4. Chris

    I got my housing in May. Is this the new style or is there a SN associated with it

     

    Dennis

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.