Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DML-2 vs. UCL-165 vs. PCU-01

Started by happymeal ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

DML-2 vs. UCL-165 vs. PCU-01

2 posts
  1. :D Wonder which one of those I should buy to try to capture pigmy seahorse with my PT-015… Anybody had any opportunity to try/compare some of the above ?
  2. I personally use the PCU-01 with my Oly 5050. Combine it with the super-macro mode on the Oly and you can take nose-hair pictures of blennies. Problem is that your subject has to be darn-near captive audience or fearless to allow you to get that close(read: nudibranch). I have never been around seahorses, so I have no idea how close you could get without spooking your subject. The Macro mode and Super Macrp mode that are built-in are quite impressive without the lens, as well. But if you ask who is using what, I use the PCU-01 and think it is a nice lens...

     

    --John

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.