Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Gates HMR10 POV Housing

Started by wwalker ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Gates HMR10 POV Housing

2 posts
  1. I'm new to underwater photography. I have a friend who gave me a deal on a New Gates HMR10 POV Housing. It was expensive and I'm wondering if it's too hardcore for my needs. I'm just starting to snorkel and get comfortable in the water, trying to build up confidence and working towards diving some time soon.

     

    Should I just hold on to the housing until I get good at diving or should I just try to sell the housing and buy another one when I'm a capable diver?

  2. I'm new to underwater photography. I have a friend who gave me a deal on a New Gates HMR10 POV Housing. It was expensive and I'm wondering if it's too hardcore for my needs. I'm just starting to snorkel and get comfortable in the water, trying to build up confidence and working towards diving some time soon.

     

    Should I just hold on to the housing until I get good at diving or should I just try to sell the housing and buy another one when I'm a capable diver?

    It is a bit of a very specialized gear. My advice for what it is worth is sell it and get a small P&S in a small housing to see if you will like it.

     

    Diving is hard and before you get all into expensive gear, get your diving skills in order (on the order of at least 50 dives) and take some snaps while you are at it. Upgrade later if you get the bug. My $0.02

    Bill

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.