Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Macs

Started by Rocha ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

New Macs

8 posts
  1. New from Apple, MacMinis (they don't have optical drives anymore):

    Standard models

    - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 500 GB hard drive, 2 GB RAM: $599

    - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 500 GB hard drive, 4 GB RAM: $799

     

    Server model

    - 2.0 GHz, dual 500 GB hard drives, 4 GB RAM: $999

     

    MacBook Airs:

    11.6-inch

    - 1.6 GHz, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM: $999

    - 1.6 GHz, 128 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM: $1199

     

    13.3-inch

    - 1.7 GHz, 128 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM: $1299

    - 1.7 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM: $1599

     

    And a new 27'' display which is identical to the previous one except for thunderbolt connection and more ports.

  2. And LION!

     

    Apples servers are crawling, but I'm downloading as we speak!

     

    Adam

  3. And LION!

     

    Apples servers are crawling, but I'm downloading as we speak!

     

    Adam

     

    I'm not even trying yet, I think I will wait until next week...

  4. I'm a little worried about downloading Lion just yet at least to my desktop. I know Quicken will no longer be supported on Mac with Lion, and then of course the unknowns right now with all my Photoshop and Aperture plug-ins

  5. An interesting feature of the new Macs:

     

    Newly-introduced Macs -- namely Mac minis and MacBook Airs introduced today -- have a new feature called "Internet Recovery" that downloads and installs OS X Lion even if your Mac has a failed or blank hard drive.

     

    Much of the concern around Lion being download-only (though it will be available via USB key) was how to do a clean install after a hard drive replacement, for instance. For new Macs, it sounds like it will be very easy.

  6. An interesting feature of the new Macs:

     

     

    They will also have it available via a USB drive.

     

    Wonder if that is included with the MacBook Air purchases.

     

    I'm a little worried about downloading Lion just yet at least to my desktop. I know Quicken will no longer be supported on Mac with Lion, and then of course the unknowns right now with all my Photoshop and Aperture plug-ins

     

     

    That is why I have many partitions on my computers :)

  7. Could be unrelated, but the three imap inboxes I used were wiped clean within an hour of upgrading to Lion. All other folders are intact, and I can't find the missing messages locally using search.

  8. Though I said I wouldn't, of course I did install Lion on my laptop. First thoughts...noticeably faster.

    Now I have to work out how to do the partition thing on my desktop to keep Leopard where I need it.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.