Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

underwater nikonos?

Started by davephdv ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

underwater nikonos?

6 posts
  1. Nikon rumors says Nikon might announce an underwater Nikon at the end of August. The author says he thinks it will just be a point and shoot. He says that the copyright for Nikonos ran out in 2008.

    SIAP

    Edited by Rocha
  2. Here 'tis

     

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/AW100/AW100A.HTM

     

    nikon's CD AF are not class leading, and it has way too many pixels, on tiny sensor.

     

    The pany ts3 is almost certainly better in many ways.

    Edited by derway
  3. Yes, I read about that. If they think that is a nikonos they are nuts.

  4. Here we are, 2 years later and Nikon Rumors is saying the same thing again:

     

    Digital Nikonos rumor 2013

  5. And today here it is:

     

    http://nikonrumors.com/2013/09/19/nikon-1-aw1-camera-now-available-for-pre-order.aspx/

     

    Amazing but so far I have yet to see Nikonrumors be significantly off the mark. I don't know if this is really a Nikonos, but its the closest thing we have seen in digital. It has a ways to go to be a genuine dive camera. They certainly prove that a Digital Nikonos is possible and I think this is the best argument I have seen for mirrorless.

    Edited by UWphotoNewbie
  6. As I said in another thread, nice camera for snorkelers or if you are humping in a rainforest during the rainy season.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.