Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Best Lens for Humpback Whales? Aquatica/NikonD7000

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Best Lens for Humpback Whales? Aquatica/NikonD7000

2 posts
  1. Shooting the Nikon D7000 in an Aquatica housing. Have the Tokina 10-17mm, which I love. But may not want the distortion that comes with it for humpback whales.

     

    Here are the other options according to Aquatica:

     

    Nikon AF-S 10-24mm f/4G IF-ED DX 18462

    Tokina AT-X 11-16mm f/2.8 AF PRO DX

    Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM

     

    Any input on these lenses is welcome vs. the Tokina 10-17mm as I have no experience with any of them.

    Edited by NWDiver
  2. Shooting the Nikon D7000 in an Aquatica housing. Have the Tokina 10-17mm, which I love. But may not want the distortion that comes with it for humpback whales.

     

    Here are the other options according to Aquatica:

     

    Nikon AF-S 10-24mm f/4G IF-ED DX 18462

    Tokina AT-X 11-16mm f/2.8 AF PRO DX

    Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM

     

    Any input on these lenses is welcome vs. the Tokina 10-17mm as I have no experience with any of them.

     

    I don't know about humpbacks but my sperm whale and whale shark shots were all taken with the D300 in an Aquatica housing and Tokina 10 - 17 and I was very happy with them.

    Check out my website - www.oceandoctorshots.com - and here is an example.

    Andy

    post-4865-1311275707.jpg

    Edited by DrFiscus
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.