Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Converting Colour profiles

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Converting Colour profiles

2 posts
  1. Before I had a clue about colour profiles for publication, I scanned a ton of slides using sRGB. If I convert the files (TIFF), to Adobe RGB 1998, will there be a loss of quality? Are the gamuts so different that I should rescan everything?

    Cheers,

    Marli

  2. Hi Marli,

     

    You won't lose any quality converting from sRGB to Adobe RGB 1998 because the Adobe color space is larger than the sRGB. The differences between the two are hardly noticeable unless you've got a lot of greens in your images, so for underwater stuff you would probably see no difference at all. Definitely not worth re-scanning everything for.

     

    Adobe has a page that refers to a very similar topic here.

     

    Hope this helps

     

    Bonnie

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.