Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Live video feed from Georgia Aquarium

Started by segal3 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Live video feed from Georgia Aquarium

2 posts
  1. It looks like the Georgia Aquarium has a live feed of their Ocean Voyager exhibit as part of Discovery Shark Week. I've been watching mantas, whale sharks, and a variety of reef and pelagic species for the last few minutes - hope it stays up!

     

    20110724_georgiaAquarium.jpg

    Edited by segal3
  2. I'm sorry but as a Diver and a person that has a great love of the natural world I won't be tuning into that feed. No amount of

    spin doctoring is going to make me think it's a good thing to see Mantas, Whale Sharks and other giant pelagics in such a small

    volume of water. Yes I fully understand the public education argument but I also know that the Georgia Aquarium is business first

    and foremost. They and other aquariums worlwide create a market and incentive for people to capture these "commodities". These

    animals are there not to gain research but to get people through the gate with the Wow factor. Just how much data can you get

    in such an unnatural setting?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.