Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

The fastest SDHC card for your Nikon D7000

Started by Don in Colorado ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

The fastest SDHC card for your Nikon D7000

2 posts
  1. Some people think that the buffer size in the Nikon D7000 is too limited. If you need help with your Nikon D7000's limited buffer, you might consider a fast SDHC card. It appears that the Sandisk Extreme Pro cards are the fastest for the Nikon D7000. They are expensive.

     

    http://www.amazon.com/review/R2729BA3E82UK...#R2729BA3E82UK7

    Edited by Don in Colorado
  2. Although it is a slightly different topic, I had purchased several Transcend cards for my Nikon D700-a 32gig and 2-8 gigs. i bought them online because the price was 'right' compared to other brand cards.

     

    I was in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon when the disk failed on me. I returned the card to the seller and they promptly replaced the card N/C.

     

    I was in Curacao when another Transcend card failed=luckily i only missed one dive.

     

    Called Nikon to find out that Transcend was not one of their 'approved' cards and that my report of failure was not unusual. They recomended several brands including SanDisk.

     

    I never thought that it would matter what brand of card one used...

     

    Allan

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.