Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon Digital Rebel

Started by tiburonsita ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon Digital Rebel

6 posts
  1. I'm currently researching which camera to buy and would like some user-feedback on the digital Rebel.

     

    The Nikon 5700, Olympus 5060 and the Canon G5 are also ones I'm considering. I knoooow...DSLR vs consumer cam. I'm no PRO but I'm always shooting and have been for over 10 yrs. in and out of water.

     

    I like the size and portablility of the consumer cams but I also like the flexibility of changing lenses. I'm love macro photography but I would like to get better at wide angle shooting.

     

    As most, I don't have an endless supply of cash but I don't want to settle for a camera that will restrict me on important features. I can always wait and save up if that's what needs to be done.

     

    Anyway, anyone playing with the Rebel? :D

  2. Apparently in Europe it's know as the 300D :D

     

    I'm guessing no one uses it yet since nobody has replied.

  3. there's a few people using it topside, housings not due for a month or so.

     

    If you search you'll find lots of threads on the 300D vs. the 10D, housing the 300D etc. You could probably scroll down the first couple SLR pages and find 5 threads on it right now.

     

    Variously called the 300D, the Digital Rebel, the Digital Redneck, EOS Rebel, etc.

    \

    Chris

  4. I have just bought the digital Rebel and ordered an Ikelight housing.

    Not sure about which strobe to get.

    :D Any tips ?

  5. Check through the lighting threads below - this should provide an insight into most makes and types.

  6. I am using the 300D with a UK Germany housing. Got my house in december just one week before we headed of to Egypt. I am pretty happy with the housing it is nice and comfortable under water. I do have to get used to the 300D. It has so many possibilities I need more holidays to check them all out! :D

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.