Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Recommendation for a good B & W printer???

Started by nirv996 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Recommendation for a good B & W printer???

4 posts
  1. I am new to this with not much experience in printing photos.

    I have been doing alot of BW photography and would like to create some high quality prints on occasion.

    Not looking to large format probably 5X7 would be the largest most of the time.

    Looking at using some high quality photopaper (thick stock).

     

    Any recommendations would be appreciated.

     

    Thanks

    Andy

  2. I am new to this with not much experience in printing photos.

    I have been doing alot of BW photography and would like to create some high quality prints on occasion.

    Not looking to large format probably 5X7 would be the largest most of the time.

    Looking at using some high quality photopaper (thick stock).

     

    Any recommendations would be appreciated.

     

    Thanks

    Andy

    I am using an Epson with the Quadtone RIP. Great results but without the RIP not quite "fine art".

    Bill

  3. Thanks Bill.

    What model of Epson are you using?

     

    Thanks

    Andy

     

    I am using an Epson with the Quadtone RIP. Great results but without the RIP not quite "fine art".

    Bill

  4. Thanks Bill.

    What model of Epson are you using?

     

    Thanks

    Andy

    I have a 4800 which is a bit of overkill for you if you are only printing small, but it is a great printer.

    Bill

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.