Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Case for a 8" Dome Port

Started by KirkD ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Case for a 8" Dome Port

10 posts
  1. I have an Aquatica 8" Dome with Shade. Anyway, I looking for a case to put it in to put inside of my checked bag. I'm looking for something light weight and padded. Like a Pelican Type case. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Kirk

  2. I use tupperware with t-shirts as padding for all my ports, then into a hard case covered with wetsuit or some other neoprene. That's when it's not on my back. I always fly with everything I need to shoot when I go, but check it in when I return usually.

  3. Another vote for "tupperware". My 8" Subal with shade in its original bubble wrap fits perfectly inside a 12.7 cup/3 liter Rubbermaid that I bought at a CVS drug store.

     

    Phil

  4. Yep, a tupperware cake box, with the spare space taken up with a few t-shirts. To find the right size, just take your dome to a kitchen/hardware shop.

     

    I now have a mini dome to come in the cabin baggage, so can carry a full WA and macro set in the cabin.

  5. Hi all,

     

    Sea & Sea make a zip up case for 8" domes.

     

    B&H list it here:

     

    I have one and it fits my Subal 8" dome perfectly. My dome normally travels in my hold luggage. It is more expensive that a cake tin though!

     

    Adam

  6. Another vote for tupperware. I've used this box for years and years . Flying from the UK we're often restricted on cabin/carry-on baggage and this has done many, many flights in the hold.

     

    post-713-1312356070.jpg

     

    This is for one of my Subal domes.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  7. Tupperware and Bubblewrap are two of the unsung heroes of underwater photography.

  8. Tupperware and Bubblewrap are two of the unsung heroes of underwater photography.

     

    And gaffer tape, for just about anything, including taping down the lid on a tupperware box stuffed full of dome and bubble wrap

  9. And gaffer tape

    Absolutely - unfortunately my last half roll is still on the last dive boat ......

  10. Great idea, thanks. My cam gear is always on my back or in the carry on but the Tupperware idea provides extra protection without adding real weight.

    Steve

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.