Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

ND30 Subal owners

Started by WanderingBob ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

ND30 Subal owners

4 posts
  1. Hey Guys,

     

    Any chance someone can let me know the size and length of the screws that hold the handles onto the Subal ND30? I broke a part in Bali a few manths ago and apparently left the screws there or lost them since. I remove the handles for transport.

     

    I think they are stainless Allan Screws, and should be pretty standard.

     

    AND, do they mount with washers? Everything else checks out.

     

    Isla Guadalupe here I come.

  2. Hey Guys,

     

    Any chance someone can let me know the size and length of the screws that hold the handles onto the Subal ND30? I broke a part in Bali a few manths ago and apparently left the screws there or lost them since. I remove the handles for transport.

     

    I think they are stainless Allan Screws, and should be pretty standard.

     

    AND, do they mount with washers? Everything else checks out.

     

    They are metric, stainless steel allen socket cap screws, and should be mounted with flat and lock washers. They are 0.231" dia x 5/8" long and about 28 threads/inch.

    You will have to convert this to the metric standard thread nomenclature.

  3. Thread part of the screw measures 16 mm and the diameter apparently 5mm.

     

    That's measuring one with a ruler. No washers

    Edited by davephdv
  4. Thread part of the screw measures 16 mm and the diameter apparently 5mm.

     

    That's measuring one with a ruler. No washers

     

    Thanks Guys! I heard back from Subal and they sent me this info today:

     

    m6 x 1.0 x 16mm long

     

    I found them locally and am ready for Isla Guadalupe! I have them taped to the handles now!

     

    Tick Tock, 2 weeks.

     

    Again thanks.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.