Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Anyone tried a Zeikos fisheye adapter with E-PL2?

Started by solenostomus ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone tried a Zeikos fisheye adapter with E-PL2?

1 posts
  1. Hello,

    I have a E-PL2 and recently ordered the Olympus PT-EP03 housing with it standard port. Topside I mainly use the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, which is amazing, but the standard port seems better suited to the 14-42II (which came in the kit, but sits in the cupboard 99% of the time).

     

    Now I had the idea to combine the 20mm with a Zeikos 0.4x fisheye adapter. The adapter seems to be compatible with the 46mm filter thread of the Panny 20mm.

    31XrUGVFmiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg + 51VFAJTT1sL._SL500_AA300_.jpg = ???

     

     

    But would this combination fit inside the housing with the standard port? How bad would the vignetting be?

     

    If that fails - has anyone tried the combination of Panny 20mm + Zeikos 0.4x inside the Zen dome port? Would it fit? Which dome port would work best?

     

    I know the image quality won't be as good as from the Panny 7-14mm or even the Oly 9-18, but the Zeikos is a lot (A LOT!) cheaper than either.

     

    Any suggestions?

     

    Thanks,

    Fred

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.