Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

"half and half” pictures

Started by Aigar Sisask ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

"half and half” pictures

7 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Can somebody tell what they use to clean 8" Ikelite Dome port to shoot "half and half" pictures?

    I have tryed to shoot some pictures but I have problems with water drops in dome port.

     

    Thanks

  2. Hi,

     

    Can somebody tell what they use to clean 8" Ikelite Dome port to shoot "half and half" pictures?

    I have tryed to shoot some pictures but I have problems with water drops in dome port.

     

    Thanks

     

    Spray it with lemon pledge and buff it with a clean soft cloth... I take some of the lemon pledge pre-soaked wipes with me for this reason. It won't hurt your Ike port. FYI, this works with any acrylic port, but I'm not sure if it works with glass. Lemon pledge is an old motorcyclists trick to make water "sheet" off the shield on your helmet.

     

    JP

  3. actually, if you cut a potato in half and buff the dome with the exposed inner part that works great and it won't harm your dome. Works far better than spit and it is what the surf photographers do

  4. Ditto on potatoes... and you can make fries after you cut out the used bit too! Buy organic!

  5. Thanks for this information.

    Potato sound good :) specially because I can make fries :)

    Do I need to do this potato trick before entering to water or I can do that home evening before next day diving?

     

    This lemon pledge feels good and easy. But I am not sure what is it. I never noticed this our local stores in Estonia. Must learn more information what this exactly is.

  6. You can also try the motorcycle shop around where you live, usually they have product for applying on the motorcycle windshields and face shields to make the water fall off easier/faster.

  7. Thanks for this information.

    Potato sound good :) specially because I can make fries :)

    Do I need to do this potato trick before entering to water or I can do that home evening before next day diving?

     

    This lemon pledge feels good and easy. But I am not sure what is it. I never noticed this our local stores in Estonia. Must learn more information what this exactly is.

     

    Just put the potato in your bcd pocket and wipe in on before you hit the water. You may need to reapply if you are taking a lot of photos

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.