I have a Sea and Sea D80 housing and I can't get the aperture to change. It appears that either the rubber wheel isn't meeting the control on the camera or the wheel has worn down so it does not have enough friction to turn the control. Anyone have any ideas as to how to solve this?
- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
Sea and Sea problem
-
-
I have a Sea and Sea D80 housing and I can't get the aperture to change. It appears that either the rubber wheel isn't meeting the control on the camera or the wheel has worn down so it does not have enough friction to turn the control. Anyone have any ideas as to how to solve this?
I had a similar problem on a Sea & Sea Canon 40D. I was able to put a washer under the wheel and it now works reliably.
-
I have had this problem too.
The little rubber wheel does not line up very well with the camera command dial and appears to press against the camera body which makes it slip quite a bit.
I partly solved it by gluing the rubber wheel on to its shaft so at least it can't slip.
I now find myself delving in to the menus on a dive to switch the function of the front and rear command dials - ie. make the rear dial the aperture. Unfortunately this is slow and tedious. I need a better solution.
-
I had a similar problem on a Sea & Sea Canon 40D. I was able to put a washer under the wheel and it now works reliably.
What material washer and if you know what size that would be a great help. Thanks...