Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wide Angle for Nauticam D90

Started by MPC ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Wide Angle for Nauticam D90

3 posts
  1. Well it looks like I have to get a new dome for the D90 Nauticam housing I picked up. My OLD Ikelite is not going to work. So moving forward I decided to get a Nauticam.

    Anyway I have several options. I currently have a Nikon 12-24 I have always used. I am thinking I will be getting a Tokina 10-17mm lense.

     

    OPTIONS:

     

    1. Zen 200 Nautican 8" dome with the 50mm extension and get a 20 extension for the 10-17.

     

    2. Acylic 8" dome with the same extensions

     

    3. Zen 100 to use with the 10-17, will not be able to use the 12-24.

     

    These are the options being presented to me. I am going to La Paz in October to shoot the pups and would like the best set-up. But cost is a factor.

     

    If anybody has any ideas what set-up would work best, please let me know. We are heading to Bonaire on the 24th, would like to practice with the complete set-up but I might just be shooting macro!

     

    Thanks for any info!

    Edited by MPC
  2. Difficult one really, depending on your budget and what you enjoy photographically.

     

    Personally, on the D7000, I have left all my rectilinear lenses and large domes on the shelf of late and have just been using the Tokina 10-17 with or without 1.4x teleconverter with either the Zen 100mm for Tokina or the Nauticam 4.33 acrylic minidome for Tokina.

     

    All the wide angle in my most recent albums has been taken with this lens/port combination, not over/unders though in the sets as you can see.

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersal...57627275123036/

  3. Not to hijack the thread, but, WOW! Those are some great photos Alex.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.