I have had the Sigma 105mm macro for some time originally on D70s and now on D300s It worked fine above and below on both. Last w/e (topside) it stopped working on D300s (my u/w body) with a f EE error code (this aparently indicates you do not have the lens locked on minimum aperture), I had it locked on but fiddled about locking unlocking moving aperture ring etc even took out camera battery in case soft ware glitch. No avail, my other two lenses Tokina 10-17 and Sigma 17-70 work fine with no problems. However the Sigma 105 does work perfectly on my old Nikon D70s! Have tried an eraser on contacts no luck. Any one had a problem like this, or a solution.
Many thanks to anyone even thinking about this post
Tim Digger
If the ring is properly locked - I would suspect a communication problem, Tim.
Once the lens can talk to the camera properly, it should know where the aperture is.
Alex
Thanks for reply Alex have tried cleaning with rubber eraser and a little spirit on cotton bud. No change in status. I note that the first of the contact pins is slightly less proud than the rest and wonder if this fails to make contact wiith the contacts on the D300s but just touches enough on the D70.
Will try to contact Sigma.
Cheers Tim Digger
Thanks for reply Alex have tried cleaning with rubber eraser and a little spirit on cotton bud. No change in status. I note that the first of the contact pins is slightly less proud than the rest and wonder if this fails to make contact wiith the contacts on the D300s but just touches enough on the D70.
Will try to contact Sigma.
Cheers Tim Digger
Bad joss Tim. Is there any wiggle when the Sigma is mounted?
Bob
Bad joss Tim. Is there any wiggle when the Sigma is mounted?