Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Hermit crab from the Northern Sea of Cortez

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Hermit crab from the Northern Sea of Cortez

5 posts
  1. This tiny guy was hanging out on a Robust Gorgonian. The lined legs seem a strong clue, but I have been unable to find it any where. Anyone recognize it?

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

    post-1116-1313186936.jpg

  2. Hi Marli,

     

    Primochirus sp?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. Hi Jim,

    I can find Phimochirus; I think this may be one for the scientists....the area just hasn't been covered well, and the resources (save the Humann/Deloach fish book) are dated and slim on inverts. Thanks for the lead.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  4. Yes it appears the spelling in my source book (World Atlas of Marine Fauna) was incorrect.

     

    For interests sake we have a similarish small Hermit Crab, Pagurixus handrecki over here that is also in the family Paguridae.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  5. I'll check it out. I have sent this to a scientist that hopefully will find an answer.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.