Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

BODRUMICATION

Started by mgokalp ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

BODRUMICATION

7 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Here is something I get together for introducing Eastern Mediterranean Sea Diving in Bodrum - Turkey

     

    [vimeohd]27479438[/vimeohd]

     

    Caves, plane and shipwrecks, geographical formations, UW archeology, blue wall diving, night dwellers,marine life with fishes, crabs, tubeworms, anemones,shrimps,nudibranch,octopus,cuttlefish,sponges, algae..

     

    Visit Bodrum and enjoy diving in splendid blue & turquoise waters with amazing visibility...

     

     

    Hope you enjoy...

    Mert

     

    http://www.wetbluediary.com

    Edited by mgokalp
  2. Just found embedding vimeo videos here. Looks better now...

     

    Anyway enjoy and comment - or +

     

    mert

  3. Things must have changed somewhat in Turkey. When I was there a number of years back (to be fair) it was nearly impossible to get into the water due to restrictions imposed by the government.

     

    So what is the situation now for :-

     

    1: The independent diving traveller that wants to do a few dives ?

     

    2: Committed photographer who wants to spend a week or more diving ?

     

    3: What dive site restrictions are still in place ?

     

    Truly I would be keen to get back to the area, the water looked great - just couldn't get in it !

     

    Paul C

  4. Guzel video, Mert.

    Just wondering how many dives did you make to get all those clips? I've spent some time in Bodrum sailing and diving the area, and other than the wrecks, the area is pretty bare of life. Bodrum is a fun place to hang for a few days, but I sorta like Fethiye and Antalya more.

    Also, is it still true that there are predominantly UK tourists in Bodrum? I still remember those party cruises were so loud I could hear them underwater! Sorta like Halikarnas can be heard from far away! :)

  5. You are right about this fact Paul,

     

    The restrictions are still there for foreigners. You need to dive with a local dive instructor or dive center. You can not just go in get your equipment and scuba dive yourself. Actually you can without getting permission but if you are caught they take your equipment.

     

    But thats kind of understandable, Italians and French people travelling with yatches surfaced so many archeological artifacts around 70s that the government had to put this stupid regulations. We still suffer because of that but i guess it protected some of the wrecks.

     

    The restrictions are there only for protected areas and military bases. Other than that archeological sites are restricted. but you can go anywhere with a diver center or local diving instructors who holds a licence to take people diving.

     

    If you have something in mind I would love to help you out around Turkey.

     

    Mert G.

     

     

    Things must have changed somewhat in Turkey. When I was there a number of years back (to be fair) it was nearly impossible to get into the water due to restrictions imposed by the government.

     

    So what is the situation now for :-

     

    1: The independent diving traveller that wants to do a few dives ?

     

    2: Committed photographer who wants to spend a week or more diving ?

     

    3: What dive site restrictions are still in place ?

     

    Truly I would be keen to get back to the area, the water looked great - just couldn't get in it !

     

    Paul C

  6. Thanks alot,

     

    I did around 20 dives I guess. The mediterranean is liked that but when you know where to go and when to go it is full of suprises. I am about to publish a guide book of Eastern Mediterranean so i kind of know where to find the creatures. This sea was better 20 years ago and I hope it wont get worser.

     

    Kas and Saroz are some places to see how it was 20 years ago.

     

    brittish people are still coming and the daily tours are there, still loud, but there is always ways to avoid them but some bays of Bodrums is a place where you cant avoid them. Try other seasons or less known places. Then you will love it for sure.

     

    cheers,

    mert

     

     

    Guzel video, Mert.

    Just wondering how many dives did you make to get all those clips? I've spent some time in Bodrum sailing and diving the area, and other than the wrecks, the area is pretty bare of life. Bodrum is a fun place to hang for a few days, but I sorta like Fethiye and Antalya more.

    Also, is it still true that there are predominantly UK tourists in Bodrum? I still remember those party cruises were so loud I could hear them underwater! Sorta like Halikarnas can be heard from far away! :)

  7. Lovely video - the dynamicism is fantastic!

     

    John Dory

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.