Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

60 d lens noise

Started by scuba e ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

60 d lens noise

1 posts
  1. Not sure what category was best so I put it here. Please move it if it is in the wrong place.

     

    My trusty old Nikon 60mm just started to make a knock/rattle noise. It is as if it were suddenly very worn. If I turn the lens over or shake it slightly I get light knocking out of it. The telescoping parts seem to have a bit of play, by feel only (not visually). It does focus sharp and all the aperture blades function normally.

     

    We leave next Friday for out next trip and now i am worried it may fail while we are gone.

     

    Has anyone seen/felt anything like this before?

     

    Thanks in advance,

    Erik

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.