Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How housing for my D100?

Started by erik ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

How housing for my D100?

6 posts
  1. I finally consider to buy an housing for my D100. For the moment i have only my oly 5050 with a Pt015 and Sea & Sea strobe ys90 with Ul arms. A lot of people report problems with DX100 last year, are solved now? In fact i'm considering to buy this housing ....i have Sea & Sea ports and domes...Anyone could y help me and give me some advise?

     

    Thanks!!

     

    ERIK

  2. Howdy, Erik, and welcome to wetpixel!

     

    I have been using the D100 in an Aquatica housing for the past 9 months, and I love it. That's just my opinion, but I think that Aquatica makes a very good housing for a reasonable price.

     

    In any case, you'll love the D100.

     

    Jim

  3. If you are committed to sticking with your sea and Sea ports, you are left with the choice of the Sea and Sea housing, or the Light and Motion Titan D100 with a port adapter.

     

    Or you could sell your ports on Ebay and get whatever housing is best for your you.

     

    Sincerely,

    James

  4. Thank you to help me and sorry for my poor english!! :-) I like L & M Titan housing but i also like Sea & Sea D100 (maybe for the price ? :-) certenly i'm a little scared about problems with commands that some guys have posted here. Where are anyone that knows if commands problems (dial command, and rear commands) are solved? I'm considering to buy the Dx100 but i would like to be sure about this question, differently i will by an Aquatica or a Titan (but are very expencive!).

     

    Thank you!!

     

    ERIK

  5. To the best of my knowledge, the DX100 has not been very succesful. I don't think there's been any significant changes to it since it came out. I don't know of many people using it on this board at this point, although there are quite a few d100 users.

     

    I have the Dx-3060, which shares many of the same features / size. It's Ok, but I don't think I'd buy another housing based on this setup. I'd probably look to Aquatica or Ikelite.

     

    Just my opinion...

  6. Based on my miserable experience with the Sea & Sea DX D100 I would avoid it. I'd suggest either selling your ports and going with one of the other housings (I use the Subal D10 and am very happy with it) or get the L&M with the Sea & Sea adapter.

     

    Regards,

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.