Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D90 shut down problem

Started by captsig ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D90 shut down problem

6 posts
  1. Greetings everyone, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to underwater photography. I have a problem I would like to describe.

     

    I'm using a Nikon D90 and an Ikelite housing with the Substrobe 160 on it. I am shooting with the D90 set to Shutter priority and the Auto Focus on 'A'. As I am going along, and bring the camera up to shoot a picture nothing happens;the camera is on, but no reaction. I turn the camera off and back on again, and it fires just fine. But if I swim too long without firing off a picture, it will revert to this inactive state even though the camera is 'on', again requiring me to turn it off and turn it back on. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong either in terms of the camera settings or the use of the camera. Under non dive conditions, the camera never exhibits this problem.

     

     

    Any ideas anyone??

     

     

    Look forward to being part of this forum,

     

    captisg

  2. Have you tried using in the housing on land, to see if the problem repeats there?

     

    Is it set to sleep, after awhile, to save batteries? That could be the problem.

     

    Most likely it is an alignment problem, with some control making contact, that should not be. Have you really snugged the camera down in the tray?

  3. CaptSig,

    this sounds as one/more than one buttons is sticking half closed or the camera is missaligned and is pushing one

    or more buttons on the camera. This can lead that the camera is in a "input" mode or get blocked till yoou switch her on and off.

    The transparent housings of Ikelite make it easy to check alignment and distance of the stems/knobs.

    I had sometimes the same problems on my Ikelite D90 housing and now with the Live View knob on my D7000 camera/housing.

     

    Chris

  4. Just want to let you know about this problem:

    "Blinking Green Light of Death on D90" !

    Has been fixed in warranty.

  5. Just want to let you know about this problem:

    "Blinking Green Light of Death on D90" !

    Has been fixed in warranty.

     

     

    where do we find out the details of that problem?

  6. where do we find out the details of that problem?

    Google: "Blinking Green Light of Death on D90" .....

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.