Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

GH2 Video MTS files & Mac

Started by Kevster ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

GH2 Video MTS files & Mac

3 posts
  1. Since posting this i have started to use clipwrap which seems to allow me to use imovies with the MTS files.

     

    I have recently purchased a GH2 & Macbook Pro.

     

    Just back from a trip to the Solomons and i am having difficultly using the video files.

     

    The video is HD, MTS files (MPEG2). I can view using VLC software.

     

    I have been manually copying the MTS file directly from the SD card to my hard drive.

    I would now like to edit & upload some files to Youtube.

     

    I have tried using imovie but i cannot import the files. Do i need to convert the MTS files and if so what software should i use.

     

    Would appreciate any tips

     

    Also i use Aperture to download my photos from my SD cards. Unfortunately it does not appear to download the movie files. On one occasion i downloaded my photos from my SD card then formatted the card, ready for the next days diving. I forgot to manually copy the movie files. Therefore i lost all the video from that dive day.

     

    I have Mac, aperture & photoshop CS5 and VLC. What is the best work flow to download,view ,edit photos & movie files.

     

    Thanks in advance

    Edited by Kevster
  2. You need to import the media from the SD directly with iMovie 2010 or later.

  3. MPEG Streamclip is a free and downloadable app that hasn't any bugs that I know of and will transcode to whatever codec you want. Try it, you'll like it.

    Steve

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.