Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

A days freediving in July

Started by andycornish ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

A days freediving in July

3 posts
  1. This is my first freediving video/edit that I have put together from a rainy day's freediving in Chepsow quarry with Saltfree divers, any comments and constuctive critism welcomed.

    Filmed on a GoPro Hero HD at 1080p @ 25fps, I have filmed UW with it before just not freediving.

     

    [vimeohd]27837314[/vimeohd]

    Edited by andycornish
  2. I don't get to see too much free diving footage so it is enjoyable to see. Since you were using the GoPro HD, why is it show in a 4:3 aspect ration rather than its 16x9?

    Steve

  3. Thank you, im hoping to take some footage on a non rainy day and also take footage of a deep dive from a freedivers perspective.

     

    The footage is filmed in 16x9 but with rendering settings I use at the moment it takes it down to 4:3, I need to work on finding a setting that gives me 16x9 output with 720p or 1080p footage but with a file size that is not too large for uploading.

     

    The video above was 220MB file for the 7 minutes, for 16:9 it currently makes the file 1.5-2x the file size.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.