Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

So, Eric, I believe it may be a small world indeed

Started by Craig Ruaux ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

So, Eric, I believe it may be a small world indeed

5 posts
  1. So there I am looking at Acratech's ultimate ballhead, and I am directed to a review of yours at echeng.com. From there (I take it you like the head... what's the largest thing you have hung off it so far and how did it perform???) I go off to Adam Tow's website, and lo and behold I see some Elephant Seal shots... I go to them, and discover that you were at Piedras Blancas beach (by the looks of it) exactly one week after I was there.

     

    And then I spot that you were there with a friendly blonde lady with big Canon glass on a Wimberley head, and I believe I met her there a week earlier. Either that, or there are two friendly blonde wildlife photographers in California that haul around big Canon lenses.

     

    Closing the circle, Christine (as that is who I suspect it was) was also using a smaller tripod with an Acratech head, which she spoke highly of.

     

    Six degrees and all :D

  2. Heh.. yes -- it is a small world. I found my link on the Acratech site not long ago. I'm not sure how they found me, but it was probably through web searching as well. :D

     

    Christine was with me in Wakatobi, and she brought that huge 600mm Canon lens as well.

     

    How do you know Adam tow?

     

    Here we are: (photo: Adam Tow)

     

    040110_152808_4911.jpg

  3. Get a Kirk. I've got an Acratech. If you do get an Acratech, make sure you get the rubber handles.

  4. Get a Kirk. I've got an Acratech. If you do get an Acratech, make sure you get the rubber handles.

    Right now I'm flipping up between the Kirk BH-3 and the Acratech (with rubber handles). I am planning to put one of these heads on a smaller set of legs (probably a set of Gitzo 1228's), then later put a bigger head (most likely the BH-1) on a bigger set of legs (the Gitzo 1325's).

     

    I'm surprised you didn't offer to sell me the Acratech :lol:

  5. How do you know Adam tow?

    I don't. You mention him in your quick note about the Acratech, so I just clicked on the link...

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.