Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canon 60 mm

Started by diverocket ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 60 mm

9 posts
  1. Hi you all

     

    my questions is do you think Canon EFS 2.8 60 mm is an great lens I thinks is one mediocer lens please share your hint and tips to get sharpness in image becuse a don"t get it. And I have try alot of settings on my camera all from one spot focus- 9spot focus have allso try the tree focus options

    ONESHOOT -ALFOCUS and ALSERVO The camera has no problem to find focus or focus that is the least problem or so is it simple the lens do not have that qualities to be a good lens for UWPhoto its very annoying and am out of idea to solve the problem

     

    I use this settings in my macro shooting not slower an 1/125 aperture 6.5 -11 ISO100 camera mode (M)

    Camera Canon 550D Inon strobe Z240

     

    greatfull fot hints

     

    have a great one

     

    kent

  2. Hi, do you have a photo so we can see where the non-sharpness is coming from?

    Edited by Autopsea
  3. Hi yea a have but does picture do not tell so mutch I don"t have deep of field problem or other annoying problem it just has bad shapness in any kind

    of settings on the camera are you using that lens self??? Itry to email some picture later in the week

     

    take care

    kent

    Edited by diverocket
  4. Hi yea a have but does picture do not tell so mutch I don"t have deep of field problem or other annoying problem it just has bad shapness in any kind

    of settings on the camera are you using that lens self??? Itry to email some picture later in the week

     

    take care

    kent

     

    I shoot the 60 mm Canon extensively, have found it to be an extremely good macro lens (much more reliable autofocus than the 100mm, especially in low light). Can you achieve sharp focus topside? That way you can determine if it is a lens issue or not. Here is an example macro shot from a Canon 60d from my last trip to Indo:

     

    5986373544_d8cae07c6e_z.jpg

    "crowned" pygmy seahorse by bversteegh, on Flickr

  5. SOunds like you may have an issue with your lens, I've found mine to be very sharp under most conditions.

  6. I shoot the 60 mm Canon extensively, have found it to be an extremely good macro lens (much more reliable autofocus than the 100mm, especially in low light). Can you achieve sharp focus topside? That way you can determine if it is a lens issue or not. Here is an example macro shot from a Canon 60d from my last trip to Indo: Hi ther is no problem to achieve on topside

    nice image on t5he seahourse

     

    5986373544_d8cae07c6e_z.jpg

    "crowned" pygmy seahorse by bversteegh, on Flickr

  7. If your topside images are sharp (take a picture of a ruler at an angle) to make sure that not only it is sharp but that it focuses where you want it. If it is sharp then try with the housing and port to make sure that your port is not causing some image degradation (unlikely but it can happen)

    Bill

  8. Try it on land against something where sharpness is easy to judge - the lens SHOULD be very good.

    I use it underwater with the ikelite flat port and extremely pleased with the images - fast focus and exceedingly sharp. I generally shoot f/8 to f/11 (sometmes higher) and it is to my eye, perfect.

    I always use centre single focus point to make sure the object i want is focus locked before recomposing. With a strobe, shutter speed should not be an issue at all for the image provided the subject is well lit by it.

     

    The ruler suggestion above on land is a good staring point to check the lens is actually performing as it should.

     

    Underwater all i can suggest is that its focussing on the right subject and not auto picking something else in the image.

  9. I have the Canon 60mm macro.

    I find it a great lens and i love the shallow DOF you get with this lens.

    RE focus I have found to lock focus then move camera in and out to define what I am focusing on this can be hit and miss when diving.

    I would try what String has suggested take some land photos using your 60mm and see what results you achieve in case its faulty lens?

     

    cheers

    Weiry =o)

    Edited by Weiry
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.