Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon to Canon adaptor

Started by erikradstrom ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon to Canon adaptor

6 posts
  1. Hi!

     

    I have a Canon T2i/550D and have just got it. All my friends use Nikon :S

    Is there an adaptor so I can use Nikon lenses with working AF?

  2. Hi!

     

    I have a Canon T2i/550D and have just got it. All my friends use Nikon :S

    Is there an adaptor so I can use Nikon lenses with working AF?

    I am pretty sure that the answer is NO. The AF systems are very different. You can get adapters that confirm focus but I don't know of any that will allow autofocus to work.

     

    Bill

  3. .......... All my friends use Nikon :S..........

     

     

    I think that is telling you something :B): sell the Canon and get a D7000 :dance:

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  4. I think that is telling you something :B): sell the Canon and get a D7000 :dance:

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

    or get better friends

    Bill

  5. I have one of those AF confirm adapters. I've read that they can fry your camera electronics as well. I've only used it a few times but without AF. I just wanted to use ZF lenses before ZE lenses were out.

  6. While I have no idea if there is a fully functional solution for autofocus Nikon lenses on a Canon EOS body – and I doubt there is – I go the fully mechanical way with a (highly recommended) Novoflex adapter. I've already hacked my Nimar housing in order to use the zoom gear to pull focus on a 50mm f/1.8 Nikon lens. The iris is controlled via the on-off knob with a custom built bowden cable. A firmware hack (Magic Lantern) also helps with such a setup since it allows to remap functions, show a live histogram and focus peaking in in Live View mode and many more quite essential features.

    Greetz,

    Sid :laugh:

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.