Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Deleted all post processed images!

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Deleted all post processed images!

13 posts
  1. Technology has moved on and so have my post processing skills. So I've had a grand clear out of all my post-processed jpgs on the basis that I can do so much better second time around. Wow, have I recovered so HD space too...

  2. Just use lightroom, then you dont need to keep any post processed images around

  3. If you've binned the images, how will you know if new ones are any better?

     

    :B):

     

    And: if you're unhappy with your old images, what hope is there for all the underwater photographers who were impressed by them?

     

    :dance:

     

    Tim

     

    :dance:

    Edited by tdpriest
  4. Just use lightroom, then you dont need to keep any post processed images around

     

    I paid for Photoshop and I'm going to get my money's worth...

     

    :dance:

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

  5. I paid for Photoshop and I'm going to get my money's worth...

     

    :dance:

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

     

    Hehe... My thoughts too Tim

  6. Hehe... My thoughts too Tim

     

    Just for the record it's titled "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom"

     

    I give up.

     

    Steve

  7. Just for the record it's titled "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom"

     

    I give up.

     

    Steve

    There will always be Luddites. I still have 8 inch single sided floppies with much of my graduate school work on them but I can't find my TRS-80 any more.

    Bill

  8. Technology has moved on and so have my post processing skills. So I've had a grand clear out of all my post-processed jpgs on the basis that I can do so much better second time around. Wow, have I recovered so HD space too...

     

    You have way too much free time :B):

  9. The OP has discovered something that I too discovered a little time ago. We constantly search for better cameras to give us improved results but I found that the RAW converter on later versions of CS was so much better than earlier versions that I often revisit shots I made on a Fuji S2 Pro and am astounded at the new quality I have discovered!

     

    This can also be true of scanned transparencies.

     

    I think I mentioned once before that at the London Dive Show there were several of my images blown up to around 12 foot square. One was from a D700, one from a D200 and one from a scanned transparency. Each looked equally good (or was that equally bad? :B):)

    Edited by John Bantin
  10. I also wish that I had access to my old film and a scanner because my ps knowledge now would mean I wouldn't destroy the image like before. However, removing the scratches sure was tedious

  11. You have way too much free time :B):

     

    That's long, Welsh winter evenings for you...

  12. That's long, Welsh winter evenings for you...

    And I thought it was summer. 104 F here today

    Bill

  13. Technology has moved on and so have my post processing skills. So I've had a grand clear out of all my post-processed jpgs on the basis that I can do so much better second time around. Wow, have I recovered so HD space too...

     

    Currently doing the same thing.

    My uncle wanted me to do a photobook for his dive centre.

    So i took all pics taken there and post-process it for the 2nd time.

     

    It's a really good thing u know.

    It makes you realize your old pics/first shots is actually kinda lame... :B):

    Hey, your first 10,000 photos are your worst - bresson

    Edited by meme.may.fire
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.