Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Casio Exilim Housing

Started by johnhall94577 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Casio Exilim Housing

4 posts
  1. :lol: Hello,

     

    since the subject of the Casio Exilim EXs-3 came up on this thread, I would like to ask if anyone has actually seen a housing made for it. Casio has its' housing for the EX S-1 and 2, but they are 3 meter housings. I have an Oly C5050, D40, and Exilim s3- with PT housings for the former and no housing for the Casio. I have noticed myself using the much smaller and MUCH more ergonomic D40/PT012 combo more frequently than the 5050. The D40 is my favorite now for UW, and the Exilim for surface. I'd really like to use the Exilim underwater-- thus I'm looking for a housing. Is there one out there??? Or should this whole topic be on a new thread??

  2. Thanks for the information Eric. The cost/benefit ratio looks unacceptably low; I guess I'm spoiled by the cost and functionality of the PT housings, especially the PT 012.

  3. Yeah. We saw the Exilim housing at DEMA, and it was ridiculously expensive! That camera isn't going to produce very nice shots underwater without a strobe --- which would, of course, defeat the purpose of having such a tiny camera.

     

    No shutter lag would be nice, though. :lol:

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.