We see these occasionally. I have no idea what they are, but would love to know. This one was huge, about 5cm long, though I have seem much smaller ones before, in the 2cm range. Is it a Jelly of some sort?

Read-only discussion
We see these occasionally. I have no idea what they are, but would love to know. This one was huge, about 5cm long, though I have seem much smaller ones before, in the 2cm range. Is it a Jelly of some sort?

It's a rolled-up Olindias jelly. What I've read is that they roll up & hide in the bottom or among algae when they're not out swimming & hunting. there have been two previous inquiries about this particular species, one from Lembeh & one from PNG -
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...amp;hl=Olindias
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...amp;hl=Olindias
It's a rolled-up Olindias jelly. What I've read is that they roll up & hide in the bottom or among algae when they're not out swimming & hunting. there have been two previous inquiries about this particular species, one from Lembeh & one from PNG -http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...amp;hl=Olindias
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...amp;hl=Olindias
Thanks for the reply and the links. Unlike Eric I resisted the temptation to poke it with my stick, so didn't realise that it might uncurl ![]()
Olindias has amazing fluorescence, your flash revealed some, if you get a chance to shoot it again bring a yellow filter and blue light! :-)
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.