Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Water Intrusion in Canon WP-DC21

Started by maxgirone ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Water Intrusion in Canon WP-DC21

2 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

    After 3 years of honorable service, this year my housing of my G9 has given me problems of infiltration by one of the buttons back.

    I removed all the buttons, clean as possible and I also exchanged the o-ring that infiltrated another seemingly healthy.

    The result is the same, and that continues to make a button just above the water.

    I have not found in any site of spare parts for CANON housing's Oring outside of the main Beat!

    Can you tell me if I find somewhere the other o-ring set of buttons and maybe even the buttons on rods parts?

     

    Thanks a lot

  2. Unfortunately, after a fantastic three years of service, it's time to let it go...

     

    I've seen this many times with all types of OEM plastic housing. The little o-rings go, the plastic gets a little stressed and there is nothing you can do. Three years is a good time for one of these housings.

     

    We have tried to get them serviced, but Canon are not interested. They tell you to buy another one.

     

    Kaj

    Edited by liquidguru
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.