Hello,
Digital photography is new to me, but I'm pretty comfortable with my recently purchased Canon T2i and Ikelite housing. However, I would like some advice on image security and processing before taking my son on a 2 week trip to Port Sudan (he'll be using my old Nikonos gear).
Could I just take along a few memory cards for the camera, and rely on that to secure images until I get home? How well do those things survive airport security? How well does film stand up against the hazards of beefed-up airport security? Are there any extra precautions I should take while travelling with film or cards?
Through reading Martin Edge's book on underwater photography, I understand that it's best to shoot in RAW, and process with a program like "Lightroom". What benefit would there be in buying a fancy program like that, over simply using "iPhoto", which is already installed in my computer. How difficult is it to get the hang of "Lightroom" or "Aperture" if that is required to achieve better images? Which fancy program would you recommend for use with a Mac computer, if ease of use is a high priority?
John McCracken, Canada