Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Liquid Gold Video

Started by loftus ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Liquid Gold Video

8 posts
  1. OK; so I am working on my Liquid Gold project which also happens to be a business I have started. This is my first attempt; shot last weekend in San Francisco with Sony FX, L&M Housing. I have more clips, and I am trying to do it all in iMovie. I am clueless editing this stuff, so anyone interested in helping, please contact me. Here I am just trying to create an intro to a marketing video with the Liquid Gold logo. Severe criticism is welcomed.

     

     

    [vimeohd]28796854[/vimeohd]

    Edited by loftus
  2. I would show the model and then do a short transition to Liquid Cold. The Liquid Gold is in your face way too much. IMHO :)

  3. Yes I agree; still trying to work on the superimposing and transitioning thing. Not sure how much control I can get in iMovie

  4. With the type of work you do, you should probably think about getting a superior NLE than iMovie. Apple is still selling FC Studio 3 and then there is always FCX as well.

    Steve

  5. Yes; I agree. I have Final Cut Express, just hate the interface.

    It was a real chore this weekend putting it all together, first in Keynote, then Fotomagico, then iMovie

    Anyway here's my final version for those interested. It's got a bit of yukky plastic surgery stuff in it. There's a leader and short bit at the end, probably not worth watching the whole thing for.

    BTW Steve used the service you recommended before for royalty free music.

     

    [vimeohd]28902412[/vimeohd]

    Edited by loftus
  6. I actually would say you need to give After effects a play. You could do so much with that!

     

    Or just pay a professional to do it.

  7. Or just pay a professional to do it.

    Smartest advice so far. :)

  8. I love After Effects but you could do the same thing in Motion which costs a lot less.

    Steve

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.