Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

tokina 35 with a dome port

Started by mjluwphoto ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

tokina 35 with a dome port

2 posts
  1. Has anyone used a Tokina 35mm lens behind a small dome port? I have a S&S 6 inch dome and was wondering if anyone had luck using their 35 Tokina behind it unstead of a flat port. Thanks...

  2. Has anyone used a Tokina 35mm lens behind a small dome port? I have a S&S 6 inch dome and was wondering if anyone had luck using their 35 Tokina behind it unstead of a flat port. Thanks...

     

    Hello Mjluwphoto,

     

    Using a dome port will restore the picture angle and coverage of using your lens above water. I am assuming you have the Tokina 35mm f2.8 macro lens, if so no problems should be encountered. It is imperative that your lens will focus down to 12" so that you can focus to infinity underwater, which the Tokina 35mm macro does.

     

    I just tried one of my Bare dome ports with a Nikon 60mm, which is a macro focusing lens and found that the lens coverage is the same as above water, just like I explained above. The combination worked perfectly.

     

    Barry

     

    www.bareports.com

    www.keywordworkflow.com

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.