Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon Ixus II/Powershot SD100

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon Ixus II/Powershot SD100

5 posts
  1. I'm a DSLR user, who last year bought a Canon IXUS II (known in N American as a Powershot SD100, I think) digi-cam.

     

    I have been asked to take some digital compact images on a forthcoming trip - using a simple housing with no accessories.

     

    Does anyone have any tips for shooting this, or other similar Canon's compacts, to help me on my way.

     

    Many thanks,

     

    Alex

  2. Use internal flash (when you don't take WA shots) .

     

    Get Close, get Closer, your are not close enough yet ;-)

     

    Use the Macro Mode when apropriate.

     

    User photoshop to get rid of the bluish look of the pictures (Whitebalance Correction(because the Digi Ixuses don't have RAW format.)) and the Backscatter (Healing Brush).

  3. Alex,

     

    I have an Ixus 400.

    Your own advice on ambient light seems to work quite well.

    Use wratten gel filters and manual white balance.

    Pain in the bum cutting little circular filters though.

    I use a straw to fit them to avoid fingerprints.

    Use internal flash for macro shots - sometimes have to switch to 'always'

    flash, manual mode, if it doesn't.

    Can't mix macro (flash) and filter shots on same dive though.

    Video has manual white balance too.

     

    Rob

  4. hi alex

    Just using the column to say hello mate, when r u coming down for a few dives with us here at fisheye?

    regards,

    Bart

    PS just about to get an EX-S3 and a ocanhaus housing ....know anything about them?

  5. I saw the oceanhaus housing at DEMA. It was way cool but way overpriced.

     

    Cheers

    James

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.