I am thinking of getting the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS USM, and was wondering what port size is needed? (Joking on that part, but I thinking of this lens
)
The reviews I have seen have been real good, and the size/weight issue for top side shooting looks in the ballpark. Though the 2.8s are tempting, to me this one seems to hit the sweet spot. Would use it on a 5D Mark II and maybe on a cropped frame. Figured I could get an extender and loss the stop if I think I need more reach on the lens. In the past I recall people mentioning some combinations of a lens along the lines of this range plus an extender in terms of being good for overall travel. Even on my 5D II without an extender, I am fairly sure that most local shooting would be in the ballpark while an extender would be more than enough. For things like travel (shooting wildlife, etc.) I figured the 1.4 should also get a good amount. Especially with a bit of cropping on the 5D ![]()
I am pretty sure that this lens is something I should add, but figured I would throw this out to the members here to get their thoughts.