Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How to change from Nikonos connector to optical connect on Aquatica D7000

Started by diver21 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

How to change from Nikonos connector to optical connect on Aquatica D7000

4 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I have an Aquatica housing for a D7000. It currently has two electrical Nikonos strobe connections, and I would like to change one to an optical connection.

     

    Does anyone know how to remove the existing Nikonos connector? The replacement optical connector seems to be a press-in style, but I nervous just to start yanking on the existing connector on the housing.

     

    Thanks!

     

    David

  2. send a message to Viz'art he work for Aquatica

  3. Hello,

     

    I have an Aquatica housing for a D7000. It currently has two electrical Nikonos strobe connections, and I would like to change one to an optical connection.

     

    Does anyone know how to remove the existing Nikonos connector? The replacement optical connector seems to be a press-in style, but I nervous just to start yanking on the existing connector on the housing.

     

    Thanks!

     

    David

     

    David, First sorry for the delay, I'm at the Monterey Shootout at the moment, so I am not as quick as usual (as not in front of my desktop all the time :):D )

     

    Your bulkhead are have a retaining O-ring inside, just diconnect from the switch board, remove the O-ring and pop it out, replace with the Optical and after you do an immersion test (to confirm how good you are at doing this!!! :D ) the you are ready.

     

    I am back at the office wednesday morning, if there is anything else I can do more let me know.

     

    BTW its a great event and yesterday's presentation was a gala of nice images including some of our own wtpixel member Eric Cheng and Stephen Frink. t<was a nice evening.

  4. David, First sorry for the delay, I'm at the Monterey Shootout at the moment, so I am not as quick as usual (as not in front of my desktop all the time :):D )

     

    Your bulkhead are have a retaining O-ring inside, just diconnect from the switch board, remove the O-ring and pop it out, replace with the Optical and after you do an immersion test (to confirm how good you are at doing this!!! :D ) the you are ready.

     

    I am back at the office wednesday morning, if there is anything else I can do more let me know.

     

    BTW its a great event and yesterday's presentation was a gala of nice images including some of our own wtpixel member Eric Cheng and Stephen Frink. t<was a nice evening.

     

     

    Cool! Thank you, I'll give it a try.

     

    David

    (Wishing I was in Monterey ...)

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.