Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Printer/Screen callibrating

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Printer/Screen callibrating

2 posts
  1. I've just used Shaun's fantastic tonga whale photos to try and get a good blue colour balance on my macbook screen and my PC screen to set myself up for some printing on my new printer, the best I could get was still detecting a purple in the blue...on both screens at the same settings, Color temp D75 Gamma 2.4, could someone maybe post a good photo so we could compare tests to see what we get? and what settings..I'm using the huey pro

    thanks

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  2. I've just used Shaun's fantastic tonga whale photos to try and get a good blue colour balance on my macbook screen and my PC screen to set myself up for some printing on my new printer, the best I could get was still detecting a purple in the blue...on both screens at the same settings, Color temp D75 Gamma 2.4, could someone maybe post a good photo so we could compare tests to see what we get? and what settings..I'm using the huey pro

    thanks

    I would suggest rather picking some standard (Pantone) colors and then comparing them. The problem with using camera outputs as standards is that you have to worry about how the camera or software treated the data.

    Bill

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.