Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Adding a third connection to a ball socket strobe arm

Started by Dupsbear ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Adding a third connection to a ball socket strobe arm

1 posts
  1. I wanted to add another connection to my strobe arms, so I can add either a video light or a focus light, to my dual arm setup.

     

    The pictures are for an Oceanbrite arm setup, which is no longer made, but I feel the solution should work for any ball socket connector.

     

    I used a strobe connector with a flat portion like used on Sea & Sea strobes that has a 1/4 inch diameter hole, which luckily is the same as the bolt that holds the socket together. If your bolt is not long enough, it is a simple solution to purchase a longer stainless steel bolt.

     

    The pictures tell the whole story.

     

    _DSC0125.jpg_DSC0126.jpg_DSC0127.jpg

     

     

    Happy DIY'ing,

     

    Barry

    www.bareports.com

    www.keywordworkflow.com

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.