Hi, I have just bought the Sea & Sea YS110a and have the Olympus E-PL2 and the Olympus case which is the PT-EP03.
I can get the flash to work by setting it to Manual 1 (I assume the E-PL2 has pre-flash) but when I switch to TTL and switch strobe on the flash fires but doesnt seem to illuminate the picture, same as with Manual 2 setting.
I am using Sea & Sea fiber optic cable.
Does anyone know how I can get TTL working?
Is it a camera setting?
thanks for any answers.
Matt
Make sure red eye reduction is turned off. Too many preflashes perhaps.
Hi, I have just bought the Sea & Sea YS110a and have the Olympus E-PL2 and the Olympus case which is the PT-EP03.
I can get the flash to work by setting it to Manual 1 (I assume the E-PL2 has pre-flash) but when I switch to TTL and switch strobe on the flash fires but doesnt seem to illuminate the picture, same as with Manual 2 setting.
I am using Sea & Sea fiber optic cable.
Does anyone know how I can get TTL working?
Is it a camera setting?
thanks for any answers.
Matt
I had the same set up and am pretty sure I had the strobe set to manual 2. No pre-flashes when shooting in the manual mode. I also set the camera flash strength to 1/64th. Also the slave switch needs to be off. I didn't try TTL.
We have no problem using the strobe with EP-L2 set at TTL, and slave to On. Make sure the output dial is set to near 'FULL'.
Edward
We have no problem using the strobe with EP-L2 set at TTL, and slave to On. Make sure the output dial is set to near 'FULL'.
Edward
I had set camera to Manual flash, 1/64th power to save battery and reduce heat and never had the dual 110a's not fire. I did this in either A mode or M mode, it always worked.
thanks for all the replies, I will try a few of the suggestions.
Just to be clear, in TTL with SLAVE set to ON, the flash goes off, but does not affect the image.
When using Manual mode there is a significant difference the light on the image, hence I can see it working.
thanks,
Matt
thanks for all the replies, I will try a few of the suggestions.
Just to be clear, in TTL with SLAVE set to ON, the flash goes off, but does not affect the image.
When using Manual mode there is a significant difference the light on the image, hence I can see it working.
thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt,
One of our staff just finished a liveaboard trip using the E-PL2 with 2 S&S YS-110a, and she shot hundreds of photos without any problem with TTL. Make sure that the flash control of the camera is set to 'fill in'. By the way, we always shot in the M mode so that we can set aperture and shutter speed to our taste, with the camera doing a nice job metering the flash accurately by its TTL capability to give a balanced exposure. The amount of flash light can be varied by setting the flash compensation control (press OK to activate the menu on the LCD right edge and scroll up or down to find a flash sign with +/- sign next to it).
We do hear some people have problem using S&S strobes with certain Olympus cameras, but we have NOT encountered any problem so far with our copies. Olympus seems to have a longer interval between the pre-flash and main flash which could be the cause that the strobes could not pick up the main flash signal.
Edward
Hi Matt,
One of our staff just finished a liveaboard trip using the E-PL2 with 2 S&S YS-110a, and she shot hundreds of photos without any problem with TTL. Make sure that the flash control of the camera is set to 'fill in'. By the way, we always shot in the M mode so that we can set aperture and shutter speed to our taste, with the camera doing a nice job metering the flash accurately by its TTL capability to give a balanced exposure. The amount of flash light can be varied by setting the flash compensation control (press OK to activate the menu on the LCD right edge and scroll up or down to find a flash sign with +/- sign next to it).
We do hear some people have problem using S&S strobes with certain Olympus cameras, but we have NOT encountered any problem so far with our copies. Olympus seems to have a longer interval between the pre-flash and main flash which could be the cause that the strobes could not pick up the main flash signal.
Edward
Hi Edward, I think I have figured it out. There is a setting next to TTL which was set to SUPER FP FLASH. When I switched this off, it works fine, with it on, the images arent affected correctly.
Thanks everyone for your replies, hopefully this post will help out someone else in the future