Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

SDUFEX Shorts

Started by bvanant ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

SDUFEX Shorts

6 posts
  1. Last weekend was SDUFEX and there were 35 great films. Some from Wetpixel folks were two very interesting films from Simon Spear and a neat film from Jo Horrocks. My wife Nannette had two as well which you can see at

    www.blueviews.net

    One was Pacific Drifters and one was Crustaceans of Ambon Bay

     

    The final film of the exhibition was by Howard Hall and we were all totally blown away. Called 100 miles because it was all shot within 100 miles of the SDUFEX venue.

     

    Enjoy

     

    Bill

  2. The San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition has really grown to be just about the most prestigious film festival around. No prizes, no rankings, just having one accepted and being able to see your film on a huge screen with state of the art audio is a heck of an achievement. While I retired from the committee a few years ago, I am still very proud of how its grown. A fine way to showcase your achievements.

    Steve

  3. Is there anywhere we can watch '100 Miles'? Got to admit I'm a bit of a Howard Hall junkie!! :D

  4. Is there anywhere we can watch '100 Miles'? Got to admit I'm a bit of a Howard Hall junkie!! :D

    We asked Howard after the shoe and he said he MIGHT put it up on his website after he gets back from Lembeh.

     

    Great films of yours by the way, they were extremely well received.

     

    Bill

  5. Hi Bill,

     

    I've just got round to watching Nannette films, very impressive, love the macro work on the Ambon one, was that filmed using the internal macro lens in her L&M housing, or does she have an external macro lens that she somehow attaches?

     

    We're off to Scuba Seraya in Bali in a week, so can't wait to get in to some warm water and hopefully find some great macro subjects.

     

    Keeping fingers crossed that Howard Hall uploads his film at some point!!

     

    Bye for now,

     

    Jo

  6. Hi Jo,

     

    Thanks for the nice comments! The macro shots were all filmed with the internal flip macro on the L&M housing. I've been quite happy with the quality and capability of that lens. It's great for the tiny stuff that I love to shoot.

     

    I really enjoyed your film at SDUFEX as well!

     

    Hope you had a great trip to Seraya. We actually just returned from a week in Lembeh plus a couple weeks on a Flores-Alor liveaboard. Sounds like we may have had overlapping trips--sorry we missed you!

     

    Nannette

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.