Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Watermarking

Started by Giles ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Watermarking

11 posts
  1. I have seen that there are a few programs out there that automatically watermark your images for you.

     

    I have 2 questions on this as I have never found an ideal solution (it may well link in with my topic on image management)

     

    1.) How best to make a watermark, what to do to the image so it is visible and yet see through so as not to ruin the photo. (I have had some good results here, just want to know what others do

     

    2.) How do you add the watermark, does anyone have a good program that will do this for you in batches? I have found web based php software that does, im not so happy with it, and would like to know if i can do it all on my hard drive ?

     

    thanks

    Giles

  2. 1.) How best to make a watermark, what to do to the image so it is visible and yet see through so as not to ruin the photo. (I have had some good results here, just want to know what others do

     

    2.) How do you add the watermark, does anyone have a good program that will do this for you in batches? I have found web based php software that does, im not so happy with it, and would like to know if i can do it all on my hard

    Giles,

     

    I use a Adobe Photoshop action to do this for me. I use the batch function when I want to watermark a set of images.

     

    If you want a copy of the action, I can send it to you and then you can adjust it to your liking - just send me an email or a PM.

     

    M

     

    (this assumes you are using Photoshop 6.0 or above. Should also work with Photoshop Elements, but I haven't tried it)

     

    Looks like this btw

     

    22003_1201_132949AA_1.jpg

  3. Could I ask if your action automatically sizes the watermark to fit the picture? That would be really neat (am having my own problems with watermarking existing photos as they differing sizes and sometimes the "text" even at 6 point is way too big.

  4. Here's an excellent tutorial about how to make a copyright signature brush in Photoshop.

     

    http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm

     

    You can use it as an action to watermark a whole folder full of images.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. Thanks for the Helpfull link James!

     

    Marriad: could you attach the Action to a message in the thread, so everyone who is interested can download it?

  6. Hi!

     

    I could resist, up to now: With a little scratch on your o-rings you'll get a perfectly well working auto-watermarking feature ;-)

    Helge ;-)=)

  7. Here's an excellent tutorial about how to make a copyright signature brush in Photoshop.

    http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm

     

    If you want to use your own signature as part of the watermark, there's an easier way than what they describe in the tutorial in which they mention using the freeform pen tool. Just scan a copy of your signature and make that a brush.

  8. I'm back to doing this again.

     

    I am now using Gallery by menalto ...

     

    I have to use a png or gif i guess.

     

    I have made something in photoshop cs .. saved it as a png with a transparent background .. and when it's viewed it fills in the transparent with black hence giving me a stamp rather than a watermark ... anyone got a brief tutorial about how to make and then save a watermark that a php software can auto overlay ?

  9. never mind i got it ..

  10. Giles,

     

    be careful with the autowatermarking feature of Gallery - it substantially reduces the quality of the JPG image.

     

    I have found the easiest way, plus keeping the quality of the orig jpg is to add the watermark in imageready CS. Make the watermark image and the just drag n drop it to the jpg image.

  11. I am not concerned about the image wuality it is just a web viewing portal .. and i am still not convinced i am going to stick with this software.

     

    I want fotostation and fotoweb i think .. they work well and you can do all the work in fotostation on your pc .. add the keywords and descriptions etc and then it is all displayed on the wbesite through fotoweb (*my understanding)

     

    I have recently done all this detailing in ACDsee and can't find anythign that will pickn up the information i have entered ... if anyone knows any different please tell me .. if i ever want to sell my photos onilne i will use a pro hosted service i am sure, just for the internation print value of it.

     

    Giles

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.