Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

wide angle help

Started by DivinDiva ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

wide angle help

4 posts
  1. I am leaving for Cozumel and am ready to take my new Wide angle lens diving. I have the Nikon coolpix 995 housed in the Aquatica 995 housing. Santa brought me a new Aquatica wide angle lens and I need some pointers. My camera has a wide angle lens that is formulated for the Nikon wide angle converter for the camera not the one for the housing. Should I use that setting?

    Any other suggestions?

    Can't wait to show some of my shots!

     

    Sandy

  2. Sandy

     

    I have the same camera / housing setup but with the Inon wideangle adapter. I set the wideangle on the camera with the adapter. It a fun combination, but the 45 degree viewfinder makes portrait CFWA shots toward the surface a bit difficult.

     

    Two problems I've encountered.

     

    I sometimes get vignetting at various parts of the image - I suspect this is due to a bit of flexibility in placing the camera in the housing. I have an early model with the flash port on the left handside and there is a bit of slack in placement.

     

    The other is that wide open (shooting available light) the Inon is very soft around the edges when used with the wideangle end of the zoom. Using the "wideangle" setting on the camera does not seem to have improved the situation.

  3. Sandy, I have a cp5000.........leave the lens setting at normal.........the WA setting will zoom out automatically to the widest angle and then you can zoom in manually......not a big deal, but it's one less thing to change when you don't use the WA lens

     

    Karl

  4. As Karl said, leave the setting to normal and zoom out to avoid vignetting. The "wide angle" setting in the menu puts a limit on the zoom range so it won't be possible to have vignetting problems (with the Nikon w/a lens).

     

    The Aquatica Wide Angle lens IS an Inon lens.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.