Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 14mm f2.8 EX

Started by Bubblke7 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 14mm f2.8 EX

7 posts
  1. Is this a good wide angle lens for underwater photo?

    along with Canon 40D, Ikelite housing.

     

    Thanks

  2. If Ike gives a dome combination for it, it can't be all bad. But that's a 14mm on FF...isn't that a whole lotta lens and not terribly wide on a crop sensor?

  3. [if you are looking for popular wide angle lens and port options for ikelite housings have a look at the chart on this page.

     

    http://uwcamerastuff.com/modular_5_dome.htm

     

    Personally I prefer the Tokina 10-17 or the Tokina 12-24

  4. Because I have this lens in the dry box for long time,

    I'm thinking may be its a good chance I could use it and no need to buy a new lens!!

    :D

    The 6" dome seems a good deal from Ikelite also! :)

  5. Because I have this lens in the dry box for long time,

    I'm thinking may be its a good chance I could use it and no need to buy a new lens!!

    :D

    The 6" dome seems a good deal from Ikelite also! :)

     

    a 6'' dome is a bit too small IMO, I would go with their 8" one, you will get better results (and be able to do over/under shots with this dome as well)

     

    I have the Nikon version and used it intensively befor I got the Tokina 10-17mm and Sigma 10-20mm, there is no way I would have used it behind a 6" dome port if I could have been avoided.

  6. a 6'' dome is a bit too small IMO, I would go with their 8" one, you will get better results (and be able to do over/under shots with this dome as well)

     

    I have the Nikon version and used it intensively befor I got the Tokina 10-17mm and Sigma 10-20mm, there is no way I would have used it behind a 6" dome port if I could have been avoided.

     

    Does it make a different between FF and 1.6 x crop. camera?

  7. Not as much, but there is still a difference in performance and the bigger dome will results in better corner quality at equal aperture than it would with a smaller one.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.