Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

hugyfot dome

Started by haithamaziz ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

hugyfot dome

5 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I need a little help with the hugyfot fisheye ports, should i go with the glass or the acrylic dome

    i'll be using it with Tokina 10-17 & canon 7D

     

    Thanks alot

     

    Cheers

  2. Hi,

     

    I need a little help with the hugyfot fisheye ports, should i go with the glass or the acrylic dome

    i'll be using it with Tokina 10-17 & canon 7D

     

    Thanks alot

     

    Cheers

     

    the glass is much more expensive,

    and the acrylic is possible to repair yourself after hit a coral, boat, diver, shark. All that scratches are possible to eliminate easily, i,ve done it. there is a post about it, you can take a look.

    the glass dome is heavier ( bad for travelling and good for housing trim )

     

    The glass is more strong

     

    I recomend you to buy acrylic and with the rest of money dive

     

    Antonio

  3. I agree with Antonio. I've been using their acrylic dome and have no complaints. Having said that, Zen are now making their glass mini-dome for the Hugy mount, which is very tempting!

     

    Dave

  4. Thanks for the help, the zen dome is interesting

     

    Haitham

  5. Thanks for the help, the zen dome is interesting

     

    Haitham

     

    Hi, you may not be aware that there is some modifications required to the gearing for the Tokina 10-17mm for the dome port to work with the Hugyfot. Zen & Hugyfot are working on this together

     

    Dave

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.