Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

ettl with inon and ikelite or subal

Started by oosantoo ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

ettl with inon and ikelite or subal

4 posts
  1. Hi there

     

    Does anyone know if theres a way of getting ettl with inon z40 and ikelite slr; or with inon z40 and subal.

     

    I mean wired ettl and not optical

     

    thanks

  2. Does anyone know if theres a way of getting ettl with inon z40 and ikelite slr; or with inon z40 and subal.

     

    I mean wired ettl and not optical

     

    I don't believe ikelite supports eTTL for non ikelite strobes. I'm not sure about Subal

     

    I do know that the eTTL circuitry in the ikkie housing needs power, it get this from the Ikelite strobe. Other strobe manufacturers cannot (do not) provide this power.

     

    I have an ikelite 5D housing and an inon z240 and I'm going to try and modify the ikkie housing to fire the strobe using a fast LED via fibre optic. But I'm a way away from implementing it.

     

    G

  3. hmmm

    that sounds really interesting.

    You have to make a post if you manage to do that

    cheers

  4. Hi there

     

    Does anyone know if theres a way of getting ettl with inon z40 and ikelite slr; or with inon z40 and subal.

     

    I mean wired ettl and not optical

     

    thanks

    You can get it with the z240 and Subal, but you need a 6 pin adapter on the housing and a heinrichs or equivalent external ttl converter. I used to run all my inons that way.

     

    Bill

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.